Give the usual steamed okra, kamote tops and other vegetables a more visually appealing and more appetizing make-over with this simple salad recipe. It just takes a few more minutes of preparation than the usual but gives one big gastronomic satisfaction.
- Kamote tops
- Fresh tomatoes, sliced
- Onions, chopped
- Onion leaves, chopped
- Vinegar or Calamansi juice
- Ground Pepper
- Olive or Sesame Oil
How to make Okra and Kamote EnsaladaOne can also incorporate sauteed bago-ong or salted egg into the dressing for differently delicious vegetable salad. Other vegetables like radish and ampalaya or fruits like green mango can be added for a mix and match vegetable salad. Namit gid!
- Wash okra and kamote tops.
- Steam, boil or even mcrowave the vegetables until cooked.
- Prepared dressing by mixing vinegar or calamansi juice (or combination) with ground pepper, sugar, and oil. I put no exact measurements as it will just be concocted to suit your own taste.
- Neatly arrange in a plate playing with the colors of the vegetables for a visually appealing presentation.
- Drizzle with just half dressing concoction then serve the rest in a separate bowl.