One simple recipe at home where it involves a few ingredients and easy cooking is soup made with balunggay (malunggay or moringa), balingon (dilis or local anchovy), tomato and egg. Though it can be considered as a cardillo recipe because of the addition of fresh egg.
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 3/4 up dilis
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large egg, fresh
- Salt, optional
- 2 cups water
How to cook Malunggay-Dilis-Egg SoupThe measurements are just estimates for usually when we cook this we just throw-in everything without measuring.
- In a pan, place water, dilis, malunggay and tomatoes.
- Let it boil for 8-10 minutes or until the malunggay is cooked.
- Season with more salt, if needed.
- Crack and mix fresh egg then remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.