Tapioca (or sago) is an essential ingredient of native delicacies and desserts like linugaw and taho. But now it has found its way to more "modern" desserts like puddings and salads. With the availability of cooked "sago pearls" in the market and in different size, making these desserts is just simple and easy.
- 3 cups cooked (small) Sago
- 1 cup cream *
- 1 cup condensed milk *
- 2 cans fruit cocktail, drained
- Slices of fresh fruits (mangoes, bananas, avocado, buko among others)
- In a bowl, mix the sago and fruit cocktail
- In a separate bowl, mix cream and condensed milk. Adjust sweetness to suit your taste.
- Pour cream mixture over sago-fruit cocktail and mix.
- Add fresh fruits and make some final mixing before it goes inside the fridge.
- Serve chilled.
The measurements and ingredients are just guides and you can tweak these to suit your own taste. As always, just taste what you are making. * Sometimes I use 1 big can Angel Kremdensada mix which is light cream sweetened with condensed milk. Use evaporated milk to lighten the consistency mixture. Enjoy!