Also known as linutik, this dish basically it is mashed kalabasa cooked in coconut milk and the recipe varies in different households. There are those who make nilatik as a soupy dish thus it can be likened to almost squash or pumpkin soup. Others lessen the liquid part making it thicker and more solid. But whatever the variation is, it sure is an eye-catching nutritious dish you can easily make at home.
Here's the basic recipe for Nilatik na Kalabasa
- 1 medium size Squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Coconut Milk,
- Seafood (fresh like shrimps or dried like daing)
- Vegetables (malunggay leaves, string beans, etc)
- Salt or bago-ong, to taste
- Boil squash until tender enough to be mashed.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil, constantly stirring to your desired consistency.
- Add seafood and hard vegetables (like string beans)
- Season to you desired taste.
- Finally add leafy vegetables like malunggay.
The measurements are just guides for usually we don't measure the ingredients when we make this dish. Enjoy!