Pancit Bihon is probably the most common of all the pancit dishes in the Philippines. From home to caridnerias, pancit bihon is a staple for its also the easiest pancit dish to prepare. Made rice noodles with assorted meat and vegetables, pancit bihon guisado is one delicious noodle dish even those who haven't cook can easily prepare.
Here's a simple Pancit Bihon recipe made special by the addition of Lechon
- 500 grams Bihon noodles
- Lechon (leftover), sliced
- 1 sayote Sayote, sliced
- 2 carrots Carrots, strip
- 1 medium Cabbage, strip
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- Soy Sauce
- Broth cubes dissolved in water
ProcedureFor another recipe, you can use shredded chicken and/or pork slices plus Chinese sausage, shrimp, fish or squid balls. Some of the additional vegetables would be Baguio beans, snowpeas (chicharo) and patola. There are a hundred and one ways of making pancit bihon guisado and its up to your imagination to make one that suits you taste.
- In a wok, place oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add lechon, cabbage, carrot and sayote. Stir fry for a minute
- Add bihon noodles (soaked in water for around 10 minutes) and water with broth cubes and bring to a boil. make sure there's enough water for the noodles to absorb.
- Mix the bihon with the lechon and vegetables by tossing.
- Adjust flavour with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Garnish with more lechon and vegetables
- Serve with calamansi on the side.