You can find Pork Barbecue in almost every corner and in every house hold. Just the smell of it being cooked sends our stomachs grumbling. There is no basic recipe as it varies from place to place and even from household to household. But in the end, pork barbecue alwats makes us say "extra rice, please!"
- 1 kilo pork, cut into barbecue serving portions
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Banana ketchup
- 7Up or Sprite, half of 8 ounce bottle
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice from 3 calamansi fruit
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (black)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients (except pork) in a bowl.
- Taste the mixture a little bit and make necessary flavor adjustments.
- When marinade is okay, place pork and gently massage to let the flavors seep in.
- Marinate the pork in the mixture overnight, stored in the fridge. Or set aside for 2-3 hours before grilling.
- Skewer the sliced pork using bamboo sticks.
- Grill the pork until both sides are done basting from time to time using the leftover marinade (add a bit of oil).
- Serve with rice and favorite sawsawan.