When there's fried or grilled meat or seafood, a vegetable side dish is often its partner on the table. There are lots of veggie side dishes in my blog - Okra-Kamote Ensalada, Apan-apan, Kamote Tops with Salted Egg Sauce, Adobong Puso ng Saging and many more. Here's another simple simple dish that even first time cooks can do in a flash. How about some Ginisang Sayote, Talbos ng Kamote at Giniling?
Here's the simple recipe
- 1 large sayote
- 1 bundle kamote tops, washed and "picked"
- 1 cup ground pork
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup WaterOptional
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Oil for sauteeing
- Bago-ong, soy sauce, broth cubes as seasoning
- Wash and peel sayote then cut into thin slices (or whatever suits you)
- In a pan, place ground pork then cover and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until it turns light brown. (You can also saute the ground pork in oil, onion and garlic.)
- Add water (and broth cubes if you opt to use) and sliced sayote. Cover and stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes until almost cooked.
- Add kamote tops and cover until cooked in 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper or with bago-ong or soy sauce.
This recipe is so versatile that it can be made using lots of vegetables. It can also be made via microwave oven. the measurements are just simple guides and you can vary the proportions as well as ingredients to suit your taste. Enjoy!