Saging na saba is known as the cooking variety of banana most popularly used is Filipino meryenda like bananaque and kumbo (or maruya) and desserts like minatamis na saging and banana chips. It used in some Filipino dishes like pochero and nilaga. But one of the easier recipes we have at home using saging na saba is with ground pork or giniling na baboy. As the usual giniling recipe calls for potatoes, carrots, peas and bell pepper, this one just consists of saging na saba - though at time we use some belleppers too!
- 300 gms ground pork or beef
- 5 pcs saging na saba, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to cook Giniling with Saging na Saba
- In a pan, saute onion and garlic until transparent and brown, respectively.
- Add ground meat. Cover until it turns brown stirring occasionally .
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in bananas. Add a little amount of water.
- Cover and simmer until cooked. Make final flavour adjustments
- Serve with rice.