Almost anywhere in the country you'd find fried caramel-sugar coated saba bananas on barbecue sticks. But in the homes, skewers are not part of the preparation as one can just enjoy with a fork. And I always crave for the ripe bananacue - soft and naturally sweet on its own on top of the coating. Good thing, there are just a few who prefer this kind.
- 10-12 pcs Saba bananas (ripe and over ripe)
- 1 cup Brown sugar (or more)
- 2 cups Cooking oil
- Sesame seeds
- Peel and thoroughly wash the bananas and pat dry.
- In a wok, over medium heat, place enough oil for deep frying.
- Fry the bananas for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust flame to low then add the sugar. Gradually and mix until it melts. Make sure each banana is coated in the caramelized sugar.
- Remove from pan then sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- If you want the "experience", place 2-3 bananas in a skewer and enjoy