Skip to main content

Chinese New Year Lunch Buffet at Days Hotel Iloilo

Whether it's Kung Hei Fat Choi , Kiong Hee Huat Tsai or Gong Xi Fa Cai, they all mean the same to us non-native speakers - it's CHINESE NEW YEAR!
And what would the Year of the (Earth) Pig bring us all? Most probably lots and lots of food! That's why I was excited to usher in the new year with a lunch buffet at The Promenade at Days Hotel Iloilo. 
The bountiful and delicious food would be a fitting start and not to mention the thrill of the fortune cookies they have on their dessert station.The cookie is a delicious treat itself but the "fortune" it contains is the most sought after. Of course, it's up to us to believe it or not...

But I do believe that the Peking Duck that was served was among the best I had. Just look at the perfect roasting, you could just imagine how good it is! 
The tikoy on the dessert station was mouth-watering at first glance that I instantly gave in even before I started eating. And I almost finished the whole plate - no kidding, for I really love fried tikoy!
Then there's buchi which at first doesn't look like the usual buchi because of the shape and it's not rolled in sesame seeds. But once you take a bite, it has the same buchi goodness, in fact even better than the usual buchi! 

Crazy for dimsum? How about some sio mai and sio pao? I always tale a piece or two of each just to satisfy my craving especially of sio pao since I love the chewy dough of the stuffed bun.
Kikiam? I lost count how many I had as I just pop them in mouth!
If I remember correctly, these are Manchurian meatballs in sweet spicy sauce. Hopefully my memory serves me right. 
But I am very sure of this one - Hainanese Chicken that is partnered with chili and ginger sauces.
 And speaking of sauces, have some for the char siu or more commonly referred to as asado.
Another dessert that actually came first for me was the sago and gulaman cooler. I just love the combination with the sugar syrup.

And here are some more of the food choices that made our Chinese New Year 2019 lunch buffet at The Promenade at Days Hotel Iloilo - truly a delicious and fortunate gastronomic experience














Some photos courtesy of ILOILO FOOD FINDER.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cassava Cake

Cassava cake is among the most popular Pinoy native delicacies. In Iloilo, one can find it in the stalls insides malls and groceries in ready to go boxes or in bite size pieces ready to satisfy one's cravings. But it is also easy to prepare as the ingredients can be mostly found in the wet market or even grocery stores. Here's a simple cassava cake recipe:

Valenciana

Ilonggos really love valenciana because most if not all have grown accustomed of having it in almost all occasions like fiesta, brithdays, reunions and all other occasions thus I love calling it as the "occasional dish".   Basically, " go, grow and glow " dish, it has the carbohydrates, protein and vitamins and minerals in just one spoonful. And it can come in its simplest form with just malagkit rice, pork, chorizo and bell peppers to some fancy with additions like raisins, peas, chicken, hardboiled egg (just garnish though), etc.  Here's the recipe for Valenciana Ingredients 3 cups Glutinous Rice ( malagkit ) 2 cups Pork, sliced 1 cup Pork, Beef or Chicken  Liver, sliced 2-3 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced 2-3 large red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise 1 cup Green Peas 3 small boxes Raisins 2 pcs.Onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, crushed salt and ground pepper to taste  2 pcs. pork/chicken bouillon/broth cube

Rice Puto with Gata

Puto is among the most popular Filipino native delicacies . On it's own, it's one delicious snack but also eaten with dinuguan or in Iloilo, with a bowl of hot batchoy .  It comes in many forms and in many variants, the simplest of which is just plain and simple rice puto.  Here's a very simple recipe for Rice Puto with Gata