The are many different types of edible seaweeds but lato, gulaman and guso are the most popular. They are a staple in most seaside communities households and restaurants. And the best part is that preparing them into an appetizing salad / kinilaw is very simple.
- 1/2 kilo Guso or seaweed
- 1/4 cup Vinegar / Kalamansi juice, adjust to the amount of seaweed
- 3 pcs medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- Salt (optional), pepper and sugar, to taste
- Wash clean the ingredients.
- Make the dressing by mixing vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar according to your taste.
- Add ginger and a portion of the onions and tomatoes to the mixture. Adjust flavor
- Blanch guso in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Place guso in bowl then pour over the mixture
- Top with more onions and tomatoes.
- Chill for a few minutes before serving