The seaweed known as lato is popularly referred to as "sea grapes" as it consists of little globules that resemble a miniature bunch of grapes. It is commonly served as kinilaw or native salad with vinegar and mixed with tomatoes and onions among others.
- Fresh lato (washed thoroughly and refrigerated before making the salad)
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Onions
- Vinegar (Regular or Balsamic)
- Olive oil
- Calamansi or Lemon juice
- Ground Pepper
- In a bowl make the dressing by combine vinegar, olive oil and the citrus juice. You decide on the the portions to suit you taste.
- Season with salt and pepper then adjust the sourness by adding sugar.
- In a separate container that will become the serving plate/bowl, toss in the lato, onions and tomatoes while pouring the dressing. (Also place leftover dressing for those who might want more)
- Served immediately. (If not just place in the fridge)