One of most popular of all the pancit dishes in the Philippines is Pancit Bihon Guisado. From home to caridnerias, pancit bihon is a staple for its also the easiest pancit dish to prepare. It is a staple not only in most handaan, but also a a meryenda or snack. Made with rice noodles with assorted meat and vegetables, pancit bihon guisado is one delicious noodle dish even those who haven't cook can easily make.
- 400 grams Bihon noodles (soaked and softened in water for around 30 minutes)
- 200 grams ground meat or chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium Cabbage, strips
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Meat broth or bouillon cubes dissolved in water, optional
- In a wok, place oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add ground meat (or chicken) then stir fry until cooked
- Place carrots, bihon noodles and cabbage.
- Adjust flavor by adding seasonings (salt, pepper, broth cubes,etc)
- Cover and cook, tossing occasionally until veggies and bihon noodles are cooked.
- Serve with calamansi on the side.
The measurements are just guides as cooking this dish will depend on your own taste. You can add more meat and vegetables as well as seasoning of choice.