There are many ways to make Sarciadong Isda thus a generic name for this recipe. It is basically fried fish topped with sauce made mainly of tomatoes and it can be also like a sweet and sour recipe. But this one is simpler and takes less ingredients at the same time easy to tweak to suit your own taste.
- Fish (of choice), fried
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 5-7 medium,Tomatoes, sliced
- Slurry (corn/starch mixed with water, adjust to other consistency you want)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to make Sarciadong Isda
- Wash and clean fish of choice, this one is latab - which is like bigger specie of sapsap. Fry the fish - the crispier the better, then set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil then add onions and cook for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes, cook until soft and mash it to make it saucy.
- Mix in the slurry and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fried fish topped with the sauce.
I choose very ripe tomatoes in making this dish. The measurements are just guides and you can let your own taste guide you along your cooking journey. Enjoy and extra rice, please!