I just love cooking a mix and match dish throwing what ever is available in the fridge. This time is another version of the Ginisang Upo at Togue dish that is simple and delicious. Actually, its just adding kalabasa and getting rid of the pork from the other recipe. Though this one is more soupy, you can adjust it to be more of a stir-fry dish that's perfect on the side.
Here's a simple recipe for Ginisang Upo, Togue at Kalabasa na may Hipon
- 1 cup tawgi (togue/mung bean sprouts), wash and cleaned
- 1 cup kalubay (upo), sliced
- 1 cup sliced kabalasa
- 1/2 Shrimps, with "shells"
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salt and Pepper (or shrimp bouillon cubes)
- 1/2 cup water (adjust)
How to cook Ginisang Upo, Togue at Kalabasa na may HiponWhen everything's done, just enjoy every spoonful of this simple and delicious dish. Extra rice, please!
- In a pan, saute in oil garlic, onion and tomatoes then add togue.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper (or broth cubes.).
- Bring to a boil then add shrimps, kalabasa and calubay
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the shrimps turns orange and the vegetables are cooked
- Remove from heat and serve.