Who doesn't love choriso or longganisa? A breakfast staple in most households as it is one of the most popular processed meats in the market. But sometimes we tend to make our own just to be sure of the quality of the food we are eating at the same time make it attune to our tastebuds.
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fine salt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
How to make Skinless Choriso or LongganisaThe recipe is endless as one can tweak the ingredients. One can also opt to have a "healthier" longganisa using all lean meat and no fat. But as we all know, a "fatty" longganisa tastes better. Enjoy!
- In a bowl, mix everything thoroughly by hand.
- Taste test by frying a small portion of the mix. Adjust flavor to suit your taste.
- When it is to your liking, shape into thin logs then wrap with plastic wrapper. Or you can just divide the whole mixture into 4 packs and just shape when about to fry.
- Refrigerate the longganisa mix.
- To cook, just fry longganisa in oil.