A simple and easy to prepare fruit salad is one making use of canned fruits. As there are many brands of these canned fruit mixes, there could be as many recipes one can concoct from them. There are also a number of ingredients one can add to the simple recipe like fresh fruits, nuts, raisins and so many others. And the dressing can come in many combination - all depending on your own taste.
- 1 can medium size fruit cocktail (I use Del Monte Fiesta 832gms)
- 1 cup cheese, cubed
- 1 box all purpose cream 250 grams
- 1 can condensed milk 370 ml
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
How to make Fruit Salad
- Drain fruit cocktail and set aside. You can use syrup as juice drink
- Mix cream, condensed milk and mayonnaise into a "dressing". Adjust amount of each to suit your own taste.
- Carefully and thoroughly mix fruit cocktail, cheese and dressing. Adjust the proportion of the dressing and fruits/cheese to the consistency you want.
- Chill before serving.
Simple as it may seem, just use you imagination and taste to come up with more exciting tweaks to this simple recipe. As mentioned, you can add fresh fruits (or use entirely fresh fruits in season), raisins, nuts (cashew, peanuts, etc) and more.
|Salad made with fresh fruits - watermelon, grapes, strawberries and papaya among others|
|You can add "zest" to your usual fruti salad by adding some sweet pomelo.|