Sinigang is one of the most popular soup dishes in the Philippines and the list goes on on the different variations it has across the country. If there's a Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging, which is already different from the usual fish sinigang, then how about the pork version of it - using pata or pork hocks.
- 1 whole pata (pork hocks)
- 1 banana heart, cleaned and prepared
- 3 pcs tomatoes,quartered
- 1 pc onion, halved
- 7 pieces batwan (or tamarind powder mix)
- Salt and/or fish sauce to taste
- 4-5 cups of water (adjustable)
How to cook Sinigang na Pata with Puso ng SagingThis recipe can also be adapted with leftover lechon baboy (that is if you're tired of the usual Lechon Paksiw).
- Over charcoal, broil the whole pata 20-30 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Chop into serving portions.
- In a pot of water, place the pata, onions and tomatoes. Boil in medium fire 30-45 minutes until the pata is tender.
- Add cleaned puso ng saging and boil/simmer until the banana heart become soft.
- Finally add batwan (or tamarind powder). Adjust taste with salt and/or fish sauce.