When there are home celebrations like fiestas or reunions, there would always be lechon baboy as the gastronomic centerpiece. And chances are there would be left-overs the following day/s or even weeks. So how to get "rid" of the kilos and kilos or this roasted pig? More often, it would end up as lechon paksiw as there would be some sarsa leftovers too. Just stew the lechon in the sarsa, add some vinegar and spices and another dish is born.
- 1.5 to 2 kilos left over lechon,
- 1/2 cup vinegar (adjustable)
- 2 cups liver sauce (leftover) or Mang Tomas Sarsa ng Lechon (Spicy if dEsired)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp whole peppercorn
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup banana blossoms (optional)
How to make Lechon Paksiw
- Slice lechon into small serving pieces.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a wok and when done, add lechon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until lechon skin becomes soft and sauce thickens.
- Make flavor adjustments to suit your taste at the same time consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.