I really find the name of this dish funny when I was a kid. It sound nonsense then but now when I hear "hototay", my stomach grumbles upon anticipation of this delicious .meat and vegetable dish soup. Though recipes may differ from restaurants to households - it still is one Chinese dish that satisfies hungry Filipinos.
- 1 cup boiled chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup pork, sliced thinly sliced
- 1 cup grams pig liver, sliced thinly
- 4 to 6 cups chicken stock (or water with chicken broth cubes)
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup tenga ng daga (black fungus)
- 1/2 cup baby corn, halved
- 1 cup green onion,chopped finely
- 1 cups fresh Shitake mushrooms, chopped, optional1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 pieces raw eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
ProcedureThe measurement are just guides when doing this recipe as you can adjust the amount according to your taste and how your cooking is turning out. Enjoy!
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the pork and cook until it turns brown.
- Add chicken and liver, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock (or water with chicken broth). Bring to a boil then simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushroom and black fungus. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cracks eggs, mix and serve.