It's been a while since the last I made a sotanghon recipe so I volunteered to make one during a simple birthday lunch. I love making sotanghin guisado one using shredded chicken with lots of ground pepper. And cooking one is just very simple and this recipe can be used in making either a dry pancit sotanghin guisado or a soup version.
- 1 pack Sotanghon, 500 grams
- 2 cups (cooked) shredded chicken
- 2 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-3 cups Chicken stock or water with 2-3 pieces of bouillon cubes, optional
- Sesame Oil, optional
How to cook Sotanghon GuisadoTo make the soup version, just add more water and season it accordingly.
- In a large heated wok, place cooking oil and when hot enough saute garlic and onion.
- Add chicken then cook until brown.
- Add carrots and stri fry for for a minute of two
- Pour in soup stock or water with broth cubes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Place the sotanghon and let it "drown" in the broth by folding gently. Add water if necessary.
- Adjust flavour by adding more soy sauces and other seasoning.
- Place cabbage on top, cover and cook.
- Gently toss after 5 minutes for even cooking
- When noodles and vegetables are cooked, remove from heat drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve with calamansi.
|My sotanghon more than halfway done|
All these measurements are just guides for this recipe. When I cooked this sotanghon, I never measured any of the ingredients and just relied on my own taste to make the final flavor. I liberally used black pepper as seen on the finished product. And it turned out very good based on the comments I got. And I can't wait for my next sotanghon cooking!