Lobo-lobo are tiny silvery fishes often referred to as "dulong" in some places. Often sold in wet markets sold in "cups" or in groceries inside ready to cook styro packaging. And most of the time they often end up either fried as torta or steamed inside banana leaves. But how about a "healthier" recipe that's the result of combining the two recipes. Let's do it!
- 300 gms fresh Lobo-lobo, cleaned
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced or
- Onion leaves
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Banana leaves
How to cook Healthy Lobo-Lobo "Torta"
- Combine lobo-lobo, tomatoes, onion/s and eggs. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place (and spread) oil in frying pan then line it with banana leaves.
- Place the lobo-lobo mixture top and cover with more banana leaves.
- Cover and cook with medium heat until leaves start to wilt and torta starts to form.
- Remove from heat and serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Measurements of the ingredients are just guides for more often, we cook with little or no measurements at all. Just follow your taste instincts and make your own adjustments.