I'm not not really fond of having goat meat as part of my gastronomy. But if it is kilawin made with goat skin, bring it on! The taste and texture combination creates an exciting burst of flavour - grilled tender yet crunchy-chewy mixed with the spicy and tangy dressing makes it a perfect appetizer or a beet match!
- 1/2 kilo balat ng Kambing (Goat skin), cleaned and grilled
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 2-3 pieces chili, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar (adjustable)
- 2-3 tablespoons calamansi juice (adjustable)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to make Goat Skin Kilawin
- In a pot, boil goat skin it until tender
- Slice into desired size.
- Mix-in ginger, onion, vinegar and calamansi juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chillies. Make final taste adjustments if needed.
- Serve or store in the fridge.