Pancit Bihon is probably the most common of all the pancit dishes in the Philippines. From home to caridnerias, pancit bihon is a staple for its also the easiest pancit dish to prepare. Made rice noodles with assorted meat and vegetables, pancit bihon guisado is one delicious noodle dish even those who haven't cook can easily prepare.
Here's a simple Pancit Bihon recipe
- 500 grams Bihon noodles
- 1-2 cups Pork slices or shredded chicken
- 1 sayote Sayote, sliced
- 2 carrots Carrots, strip
- 1 medium Cabbage, strip
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- Soy Sauce
- Broth cubes dissolved in water, adjust quantity
- In a wok, place oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add pork or chicken, cabbage, carrot and sayote. Stir fry for a minute
- Add bihon noodles (soaked in water for around 10 minutes) and water with broth cubes and bring to a boil. make sure there's enough water for the noodles to absorb.
- Cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Toss bihon, pork/chicken and vegetables
- Adjust flavour with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Garnish with more pork/chicken and vegetables
- Serve with calamansi on the side.