Kinilaw nga Isda is a staple dish for the Ilonggos whether it's at home, in carinderia's or in most restaurants across Iloilo. The bounty from the sea prepared ceviche-style comes in many variations from the plain kinilaw to one having coconut milk to make the taste more subtle.
Here's a recipe for Kinilaw nga Isda
- 1 kilo Tanigue, cubes
- 3/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 thumb size Ginger, grated
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 2-3 pcs. hot chili
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup Coconut creme (optional)
- 1 green mango, grated (optional)
How to make Kinilaw na Isda
- Simmer the vinegar for 20 minutes to remove the excess acidity. Let it cool.
- Marinate the fish in vinegar for 15 minutes then drain.
- Combine ginger, garlic and onion then add fish. Add coconut creme
- Season with salt and pepper, put the chilli, hot chilli and green mango.