When one talks about relyeno, it's always bangus that comes to mind. How about serving crabs using this cooking method! It's a much simpler recipe compared with making bangus relyeno as you avoid the task of being meticulous in handling the skin that will serve as "wrap".
- Crab shells
- 3/4 kilo crabmeat (steam crabs then remove meat)
- Assorted vegetables likes cubed carrots, corn kernels, green peas, etc
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt, pepper or seasoning mixes
How to make Crab Relyeno
- In making crab relyeno, just make sure the shell is still whole and cleaned thoroughly after taking out the meat and other parts.
- In a pan, saute garlic and onion in oil then add crabmeat. If you could get hold of crabmeat being sold in the groceries, much better since you can make it meatier and make it more generous.
- Add-in carrots, corn and peas plus anything that suits your taste.
- Season with salt and pepper or seasoning mix.
- Remove from heat and let it cool a bit
- Add egg and breadcrumbs. Mix well. Adjust with water if necessary
- Stuff crabmeat filling in the crab shells. Set aside
- Pour oil in a wok and make sure the oil is hot when you place the crabs - shell part goes first.
- Slowly pour oil over the stuffing to cook the "crust" so it can hold the stuffing.
- When its done, you can flip the crab to fully cook the stuffing. But if you have a deep fryer - just place the crabs and fry until the stuff becomes golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!