One of the simplest breakfast (all around) staple is sauteed canned sardines with miswa. It is an easy to cook recipe with plain ginisang sardinas and miswa but you can add vegetables and tweak the recipe as I always do. Extra rice, please!
- 1 big can Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 5 cloves gardlic
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 pcs tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pack miswa, 250 grams
- Chilies, optional
How to cook Ginisang Sardinas with Okra and MalunggayThere are some many ways of cooking this simple dish and it all depends on what's inside the fridge coupled with imagination and creativity. Namit gid!
- Pour out canned sardines in a bowl. Using a fork as "strainer", removed scales of the fish. Set aside
- In a pan, saute onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Pour in the sardines and sauce.
- Add miswa (plus chili) and simmer for 3 minutes or so. Adjust with water if needed
- Remove from heat and serve.