I am a big fan of canned tuna! In fact I have this "gastronomic affair" with Century Tuna, for more than a decade now - from eating it straight from the can or making simple on the spot recipes. So I've had sinigangg, sisig, casserole, ala king and more on top of just adding calamansi or vinegar to the tuna. So here's a new addition to my (canned) Tuna Recipes collection and it's a delight in every bite!
- 3 cans (Century) Tuna Solid in Water (use the 184-gram can)
- 1/3 cup pickle relish
- 1/2 cup red/green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 pieces sliced white bread
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Tuna Embutido
- Drain liquid from tuna and set aside fish meat.
- Remove the edges of the sliced bread and soak in tuna water.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly tuna meat and soaked sliced bread.
- Add and mix picke relish, bell peppers, carrots, onions and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack and add in eggs and combine thoroughly.
- Distribute into desired size and wrap and roll in aluminum foil.
- Steam for 45 minutes to an hour.
- When done, let it cool.
- Refrigerate before serving.