Eggplants are among the most all around vegetables found in a variety of dishes. It can be fried as a torta, deep-fried like chips, cooked in sinigang and pinakbet, baked into pasta dishes and pinirito partnered with bago-ong casseroles, or just plainly grilled. An off-shoot recipe from the grilled eggplant is Ensalada na Talong which is an easy to make appetizer or side dish for grilled meats and fish.
- 3-4 large eggplants (just adjust the quantity depending on the size)
- 3 medium size tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium size onion, cubed
- 4-5 Tbsp. of vinegar
- Salt or fish sauce to taste
- Onions leaves, chopped
How to make Ensaladang Talong
- Wash eggplants then grill until cooked.
- When done, let it cool and peel off the charred skin
- Cut to bite size pieces.
- In a plate, mix it with onions and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with vinegar and season with salt or fish sauce and pepper. Adjust flavor with sugar to your desired taste.
- Garnish with onion leaves and or salted egg.
|Ensaladang Talong at Bauhinia Filipino Cuisine|
|Eggplant Salad with salted egg|