There are many ways of cooking tahong or green shells. Grilled, baked with cheese, as a soup - just name it, you can cook have it. The simplest of course, is just steaming it or making it into a soup since it's just boiling it with some spices and voila - a simple yet delicious dish is born!Here's a simple way to cook Tahong.
- 500 grams tahong (green shells), cleaned
- 1 thumb size ginger, julliened
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- Salt or fish sauce
How to cook TahongAs an option you may add, tamarind powder for a sort of sinigang flavor to the soup.
- Wash the green shells thoroughly.
- In a pot, nring to a boil 2 cups of water.
- Add the ginger and clams then add more water enough to cover the clams.
- Bring to a boil again then simmer.
- Once shells are opened, add the spring onions.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then season with fish sauce/salt.