Mangoes are available all year round but it is during summer that it is in season and cheapest. And when there are some many mangoes around, it is time for one of my favorite summer coolers - Mango con Hielo! Simpler to make than halo-halo, it is just as delicious and refreshing.
- 1 and 1/2 cups ripe mango cubes
- 2 cups shaved ice
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- A few drops of vanilla
How to make Mango Con Hielo
- In a mixing bowl, pour condensed milk into 1 cup of mangoes.
- Add a few drops of and lightly mix thoroughy.
- In you serving bowl, layer shaved ice and the mango-milk mix.
- Top with the remaining mangoes and pour evaporated milk.
This is just a guide but you can actually just make/mix them all together - even without the measurements. Just adjust the taste and quantity as you like it. If you like drinking it, just place all ingredients in a blender for a ripe mango smoothie!