Here's a simple Chop Suey recipe
- 1 cup pork strips
- 10 pcs fish and/or meat balls balls, halved
- 10 pcs boiled quail eggs, shelledVegetables
- 1 cup Cabbage, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower "florets"
- 1 Carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 10 pcs Young corn
- 2 Bell peppers. sliced (red and green for colors)
- 1 Sayote, sliced
- 10 pcs Baguio Beans, halved cross-wise
- 5-7 Chicharo pieces
- 1/2 cup "Tengang daga" mushroomFlavors
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper (and/or bouillon cubes)
- 1 tbsp butter
How to Cook Chop Suey
- In a wok, stir-fry the pork strips (and meat balls) until brown.
- Add the butter then saute-in the onion and garlic.
- Pour a cup of water, add the fish balls and simmer for 3 minutes or until the fish balls are ready
- Add sayote, carrots, Baguio beans, young corn and chicharo then cook for a minute or so.
- Add remaining vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, bell peppers and tengang daga ) and cook for another minute or so
- Season with salt and pepper (and or bouillon cubes). Simmer Be sure that these vegetables are just half-cooked
- Make the slurry by oyster sauce with the cornstarch dissolved in half cup of hot water. Stir it well until the sauce has thickened. Adjust to suit your taste.
- Mix well with the meat and vegetables in the wok.
- Remove from heat and place in a serving dish.
- Garnish with quail eggs and more meatballs. Serve and enjoy