One of the yummiest gifts I received this Holiday season was a big batch of pastillas de leche. I like that it has a tamed sweetness and had the right density - not too hard nor too soft. The recipe of making pastillas very simple and one can just let his creative mind do the work in making it more special.
- 2 cups powdered milk, sifted
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pour the condensed milk into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly fold in the powdered milk. Make sure the texture will be similar to dough once all the powdered milk is completely added. Make adjustments if need.
- Get a half a spoon of the mix and shape it into balls/cylinders the size you desire.
- Roll each finished pastillas in granulated sugar.
- Wrap in cellophane.
- Store in an airtight container.