One of the fastest and easiest hunger-buster are those instant noodles wherein you'll just boil the noodles in water then add seasoning... hungry no more! But most of the time I tweak this instant recipe by making adding things I can find in the cupboard and fridge. Thus this instant and favorite recipe of mine was born.
And most of time I do this "no-cook". I just pour hot water (from the electric kettle) over the instant noodles (and its seasoning mix), miswa and fresh egg and let it for 4-5 minutes. While waiting, I slice the okra then place it in the microwave for 2 minutes. When its done I just add the okra over the noodles. I just add more ground black pepper and finally drizzle it with sesame oil.
But you can do this the old-fashioned way - boil water in pan, cook noodles add seasoning and mix other ingredients.
- 1 pack instant noodles
- 5 pcs okra, each sliced into 4-5 cuts depending on the size
- 1 "bundle" or small pack miswa
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 fresh egg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bouillon cubes, optional
- Sesame oil, optional
How to make Miswa with Okra and Egg SoupYou can double or triple this recipe if you will be making a large batch. This recipe can serve 2 pax but in my case, I can finish this alone. You can also tweak this recipe by adding other vegggies like cabbage, carrots, etc and some fish or squid balls. Enjoy!
- In a pan, bring water to a boil then add okra. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until okra is cooked.
- Add instant noodles and its seasoning.
- After 1-2 minute/s add miswa and simmer for another minute of two.
- Add salt and pepper plus bouillon cubes if you'll be using it.
- Remove from heat and crack fresh egg and mix.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.