We usually make Chicken macaroni soup if there are leftover pasta used in making salads. But at times, we just miss the home-made goodness of a hot and creamy macaroni soup that we just make one on the spot. It is very easy to make and the recipe is very versatile that you can make use of what available in the fridge and pantry.
Here's a simple recipe on how to make a hearty chicken macaroni soup.
- 1/2 kilo macaroni pasta (Elbow-type)
- 1 cup shredded chicken (or even more)
- 1/3 cup carrots, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups chicken broth (or water with chicken broth cubes)
- Evaporated milk
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
How to cook Chicken Macaroni SoupYou can also add chopped ham and vegetables like pechay among others. At times, we also add grated cheese for a creamier soup and it comes out more delicious!
- Cook macaroni according package instructions. Set aside
- In a pan with oil in medium heat, saute garlic and onions.
- Add shredded chicken and stir fry.
- Add chicken broth and season with salt, pepper and/or chicken broth cubes. (You can also use ready mix chicken soups or those related like cream of mushroom soups etc.)
- Bring to a boil then add carrots, cabbage and macaroni.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally add evaporated milk. Just adjust the amount according on how rich and creamy you want the broth to be. make final flavor adjustments.
- Serve and enjoy.