What to do with left-over lechon? More often it usually ends up as LECHON PAKSIW, but one can really have too much of it this Holiday season. Why not try this very simple and in some ways a "guilt-free" left-over lechon recipe.
- Left-over lechon (leg part is the best)
- Monggo, soaked in water
- Puso ng Saging, chopped
- Kamote tops, washed and cleaned
- Salt to taste
- Boil water in a pan, add monggo then simmer.
- After 10 minutes (or until the monggo softens), add lechon (chopped leg part) and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes adjusting the amount of water.
- Add puso ng saging and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt
- Finally add kamote tops and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
As you can see there are no exact measurements since this is just a throw-in recipe; you just make use of whatever amount of the ingredients you have and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!