A refreshing and healthy cooler, this red kamote juice is made with red kamote tops with calamansi juices. It is very simple to make yet tricky as finding the right kamote tops would sometimes be a challenge. Good thing the local wet market has almost a steady supply of red kamote tops most of the time, so we can enjoy this delicious juice anytime we want.
- 2-3 bundles red kamote tops
- 2 liters of water
- Calamansi or any citrus fruit
- Sugar or honey
How to make Red Kamote Juice
- Remove the red kamote leaves from the stem and wash thoroughly. Use scissors as the dagta (sap) will stain your finger/nails.
- In a pan, boil the red kamote tops in water for 10-20 minutes or until the water turns dark in color. Take note that the water won't be red like the one pictured above but very dark (green_ almost black. It also depends on the variety of the kamote tops which you can also use the green one.
- Let it cool before mixing the citrus and sugar. The addition of these will make the color of the kamote juice dark or light red depending on the portions.
- Adjust the flavour (with sugar and citrus) to suit your taste.
You can also store the cooled kamote juice in a bottle (in the fridge) and drink it on it's own - no sugar nor citrus. Or you can also get just a small portion in a glass then add sugar and/or citrus. Enjoy!