I love almond jelly! A staple mostly in Chinese restaurants, it's a refreshing dessert that is perfect to cap any hearty meal. At home it is also very easy to prepare and serves as a visual and gastronomic treat - even if there's no occasion. Just like most gelatin desserts, it's the preparation of the jelly that makes up all the "hard work" but when its done, all others just fall into place (or bowl). An enjoying dessert to prepare and finally, taste the fruits of your labor...
- 1 pack of Almond Jelly mix (more if you will be making a big batch)
- 1 can of mixed fruits (usually Del Monte with pears, peach, berries,etc), preferbaly semi-frozen
- 1 can of lychee, preferbaly semi-frozen
How make Almond Jelly with Mixed Fruits
- Prepare almond jelly based on package instructions. Follow the measurements exactly so you will have the right firmness of the jelly. When done, carefully cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, place the semi frozen canned fruits and add almond jelly cubes.
- Carefully mix them so each will retain its shape and color.
- Serve immediately.
|Almond Jelly mix sold in groceries|
I prefer to use semi-frozen mixed fruits in cans rather than mixing them all then chilling them. It gives a more "authentic" chill rather than placing shaved iced (which tends to change the flavour). You can also add fresh fruits in season like mangoes, etc. But it really depends on you on how to make your own cool dessert.