Delicious and flavourful - beef mami could satisfy any hunger almost all the time. Complete with carbohydrates, protein and the vitamins and minerals you get from vegetables it may come with, its a complete meal unto itself. Whether you enjoy it at your favorite place or one you can make at home, enjoy beef mami the way you like it!
Here's a simple recipe for Beef Mami with Egg
- 1/2 kilo beef brisket
- 400 grams egg noodles, cooked (You can also make your own fresh noodles using plain dough. See instructions below )
- 5 pieces star anise
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 1 piece beef broth cube
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 pieces hard boiled eggs
- Salt, soy sauce and pepper, to taste
- 1 liter of water
How to make Beef Mami with Egg
- In a cooking pot, put oil and saute the garlic and onions
- Add the beef brisket and brown the outer portions
- Pour in water and bring to a boil, simmer then add the beef cube and star anise.
- Adjust taste with salt, soy sauce, pepper and/or (more) water
- Boil the mix until beef becomes tender.
- In your serving bowl, place cooked noodles and pechay.
- Pour-in the beef brisket in the bowl and garnish with boiled egg and green onions.
How to make Fresh Noodles
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- In a bowl, place flour and add water little by little and mix well
- Knead dough until smooth. When done, cover it and let it rest for 6 minutes.
- Knead it again and cover/let it rest for another 6 minutes
- Divide in to 4 equal parts and knead each piece.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough until it is "noodle-thin". Sprinkle dry flour to avoid it from sticking.
- When flattened, roll the dough and cut into thin strips.
- Unfurl the sliced dough and give it a quick mix to separate it more.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water and use it anyway you like.