I just love fishballs! I can finish 10 sticks of this deliciously appetizing meryenda or even more. The combination of the crispy fried balls with the savory sauce (make mine hot!) makes every bite a burst of exciting flavors that I rave and crave for. My fave fish ball stand is Joann's Special Fishballs at Molo Plaza and they are second to none!
- 3/4 kilo Fish (bangus, carajo and tilapia work best)
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper (or powder seasoning)
Fish Ball Sauce
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Cup water
- Siling Labuyo (optional for "hot sauce")
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
How to make Fishballs
- Wash and clean the fish thoroughly.
- Lightly salt and steam the fish until cooked - about 15-20 minutes depending on the size.
- When done, let it cool then shred/flake the meat.
- Combine the fish all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add necessary amount of water if the mixture is still dry
- Taste test the fish ball mix by getting a small portion and frying it. Make flavor adjustments if needed.
- Place the mixture in the fridge before forming into balls.
- Use enough oil to fry or deep fry the fish balls.
For the sauce, just mix all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat. Stir continuously until thick. You can adjust the sugar and chili content to suit your taste - sweet, sweet & spicy, extra hot, etc.