I love the combination of pineapples and cheese. And that's not just as pizza toppings but also as a sandwich filling. But moreso in this favorite Filipino recipe of Pininyahang Manok which is even made special with the addition of cheese.
- 700 grams Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 can green Peas
- 1 can Pineapple tidbits (drained- reserve syrup)
- 6 pcs. Hotdog
- 4 pcs. Potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 12 cloves crushed Garlic
- 180 grams Cheese (it's got to be Kraft Eden cheese), grated
- 3 pcs. medium size Onions
- 2 pcs. Carrots (cut into cubes)
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1 can Evaporated milk (small)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 big can Pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
How to Make Pininyahang Manok with Cheese
- Marinate chicken for 1 hour. Just mix the marinade ingredients
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Sauté garlic, onions and chicken.
- Cover when done. Pour marinade and let it boil.
- Add tomato sauce, cheese and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add green peas, potatoes, carrots and bring to boil.
- Put pineapple tidbits, hotdog and bell pepper.
- Mix evaporated milk and half of the cheese (or you can use Chiz Whiz)
- Cover and simmer until sauce thickens
- Serve with more cheese as topping.