Here's a simple recipe for Tocino del Cielo
- 6 egg yolks
- 9 oz sugar
- 1 fl. oz water
For the caramel
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons water
- Put the sugar in a saucepan with the water and heat until the syrup goes golden brown.
- Cover a baking tin evenly and put to one side. Put the sugar and water in an earthenware dish and heat until the syrup goes stringy.
- Beat the egg yolks and slowly add the syrup, stirring with sticks. Strain and pour into the caramelised tin.
- Cook in bain-marie in the oven at 150º for around 20 minutes.
- When the tocino has set, remove from the oven, leave to cool and take it out of the tin.